BrainTumors.com - Songs About Cancer
Home › Songs About Cancer
The Cancer Songs playlist below will automatically play one music video after another once you click on it:
The following is a list of the songs in the Cancer Songs playlist:
- Ronan - Taylor Swift - Taylor wrote this song after reading a blog Maya Thompson created to chronicle her young son Ronan’s battle with cancer. Taylor performed her song "Ronan" live on the 2012 Stand Up 2 Cancer benefit. It soon became number one on the iTunes charts, raising a significant amount of money for cancer research.
- I’m Going to Love You Through It - Martina McBride - About the importance of having your friends and family support you during your cancer battle.
- Sand and Water - Beth Nielsen Chapman - Inspired by the loss of her husband to cancer.
- Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw - About living your life to its fullest once you find out you have cancer. Tim's father, baseball player Tug McGraw, died of cancer.
- The Remedy - Jason Mraz - Dedicated to his friend who had cancer.
- I Run For Life – Melissa Etheridge - Mellisa is a breast cancer survivor.
- Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance - About a patient that dies from cancer.
- Just Stand Up – From the Fashion Rocks fundraiser for Stand Up To Cancer: Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Miley Cyrus, Carrie Underwood, Mary J Blidge, Ciara, Leona Lewis, Ashanti, Natasha Bedingfield, Sheryl Crow, LeAnn Rimes, Keyshia Cole, Fergie, and Melissa Etheridge.
- Clouds - Zach Sobiech - Zach was a 17 year old who was diagnosed with bone cancer and given only a month to live. To say goodbye, he wrote a song "Clouds" which went viral online.
- I Am Not My Hair – India.Arie Feat. Akon - About a woman losing her hair to chemo.
- Skin (Sarabeth) - Rascall Flatts - About a high school girl diagnosed with cancer.
- Save You - Simple Plan - About a band member's brother’s battle with cancer.
- Chemo Limo - Regina Spektor - About a mother and her struggle with cancer and chemotherapy.
- I’ll be the Father Now - David Tokaji - About his father dying of cancer.
- Casimir Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens - About losing somebody close to you to cancer.
- The Lights of Paris - Cindy Bullens - Written about the loss of her 11 year old daughter Jessie to Hodgkin’s disease.
- Keep Me In Your Heart For A While - Warren Zevon - A farewell song, written after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
- Emily - Beth Nielsen Chapman - About the loss of a close friend to cancer.
- Cancer - My Chemical Romance - A song about a person dying from cancer.
- The Cup Song - Carmen Diaz - Her own version of the "When I'm Gone" song, performed with 2 of her doctors, about her recovery from bone cancer.
Note: The information provided on this website was not written by a doctor or cancer specialist, so in all cases you should consult your own doctor about diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.